Making sense of the many changes that have taken place in learning and teaching in higher education in recent years, Changing Higher Education also offers insights into how higher education might develop in the future.
Using the work of Lewis Elton as a starting point, leading researchers and practitioners in the field examine and reflect on different aspects of the changing nature of higher eduction. These experts:
* outline changes in higher education and ways of thinking about teaching and learning over the last thirty years.
* analyse the development of students’ learning
* examine the development of learning technologies in higher education
* consider the development of the accreditation and scholarship of teaching in higher education
* develop a framework through which to understand and question the future development of learning and teaching in higher education.
Aimed at staff and educational developers, and those studying postgraduate qualifications in learning and teaching in higher education, this is an insightful framework through which to understand and question on-going developments in higher education.